Welcome


Welcome to Southern Africa Yoga Safari's Blog!

Browse this page for news and latest information on Southern Africa Yoga Safaris. We will also be posting our next events, retreats and safaris on this page.

We will also be updating this page regularly with exciting articles, vegan recipes and other bits of information, so be sure to bookmark this page and check back soon!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Welcome to Southern Africa Yoga Safaris!

A brief introduction to your instructor

I am a qualified personal trainer, fitness instructor, jazz dance teacher and massage therapist. I resumed practicing yoga 7 years ago after which teacher training followed quite naturally. I have been to India twice and completed my teachers training in Nasik, with the Yoga Vidya Gurukul.


My experience of Ashram life was so enlightening that I want to share it with as many people as possible. Yogic life in the Ashram, emphasises all aspects of yoga . Such as the Yama, Niyamas, Asana and Pranayama . More often than not, Western classes only have time to focus on the Asanas and a few Pranayama techniques.

Washing day on the banks of the Ganges River

With the pressures of modern lifestyles, I realize not everyone has 6 weeks to dedicate solely to the practice of yoga. For this reason I condensed a course into 5 days and combined it with a unique African experience. The lessons are the same as in the Ashram, the healing benefits just as profound. Hopefully a new routine will be started and continued indefinitely. The benefits of self discipline and self realization are infinite.

My first step into the Ganges

You will leave the course equipped with knowledge and methods for maintaining optimum health as well as stress management. For those of you already travelling this route, I hope to further your enjoyment of this wonderful practice.

I look forward to meeting with you all, let’s work together for the advancement of peace and harmony for our beautiful planet and all who dwell on her !

No comments:

Post a Comment